Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sweet Thang





Weeks ago around my hubby's bday I said that I was going to do a post all about my man, so here it goes! Oh, and I had to add a picture of Caleb at the end-he is with Evan the Otter. Elliot played minor league baseball in Indiana and this was their mascot Caleb loved him.
So, to my hubby ... he is great and I am so thankful God placed him in my life. We have been together for over 11 years now and I can honestly say I am more in love with him today than ever.
My husband is a high school football coach as most of you know -offensive coordinator/quarterbacks, wrestling head coach and now hitting coach for Bryant High School softball. Lord bless him please. Well, I am going to give y'all some inside info on my main squeeze...
  • Loves Harry Potter-absol. favorite
  • He loves to go the movies by himself or go out to eat alone. I know kinda weird.
  • He does not take his socks off ever with his hands-he uses his feet and the floor... okay do I need to stop??? hahahah!
  • He once ate at least 200 shrimp cocktail backstage in VIP at Brooks and Dunn concert in Nashville.
  • Set a ton of records at Arkansas State Univ for football and baseball! Go Tribe!
  • When we first met in high school I could not stand him... he would always wink at me after every football during prayer and Alma matter... guess I finally caught on!
  • He gets hooked on country music for weeks, then hip hop and then to christian it is a constant cycle.
  • He has been an amazing role model for young men during the past ten years of his life-his love for the game, his faith and love for life is amazing. The way athletes look to him always makes me tear up when I get to witness it.
  • This one is more me than him I guess: I still have a nervous belly at every game till I see kick off and someone gets tackled-My eyes tear up and I get chill bumps at every touchdown scored by my hubby's team-I tear up every game when I first see my hubby doing his thang!
  • We call each other "sweet thang," because Elliot had a manager for the first football team he coached and he was the sweetest boy and he had down syndrome. Every time he would see me (the student-manager) he would say , "Hey, sweet thang," I would always tell Elliot about it and he would never say much. I kinda thought it was cute-till one day at practice a few days after I miscarried 3 1/2 years ago he walked up to Elliot and said , "how is sweet thang i wanted to check on her?" He came home from practice that day calling me sweet thang. We will never forget that sweet child who started our name calling.
  • He is a dipper-yes I know how nasty? But, I love him to death and it is his stress reliever I can't complain during football season.
  • He loves to watch political news shows-esp the one with really annoying democrat and I can't think of her name...opps

Well, that's MY sweet thang!!! I love him to death and continue to learn more about him each day and I love those new things so much. Each day I thank God how much he has showed us about love, marriage and being best friends with each other. Love you EJ!!!



2 comments:

  1. How sweet! He sounds like a great guy and your marriage seems even sweeter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Torri! I just love you and Elliot and the couple that ya'll represent. I still remember you staring at him in awe at every Friday night football game. I know you're crazy about him... always have been. What great role models you are!! Happy late Birthday to him!!

    ReplyDelete