Sunday, August 21, 2011

Run with the Sun

Five weeks ago while sitting on the beach in Gulf Shores without my kiddos around it hit me...for the last 9 1/2 years I have had at least one child attached to me. That weekend Chief and I talked about me finding something to do for "me" without kiddos around! Something to give me some piece of mind and to clear my head each morning while the sun rises. So.... Five weeks later...




I completed my first 5K.... 3.1 miles!! Yah! I have to brag for just a minute...I was not a runner five weeks ago, I couldn't run around the track one time without stopping. Pitiful, yes I know, but not anymore! I kicked it's tail on Saturday morning... My finish time was 29 min 39 sec and I finished 3rd in my age group 20-30's and was 29 out of 100 females!!!!

Chief and the crew went with me and cheered momma on the whole way. I saw them right after the start of the race then as I came around the back corner for the final quarter to the finish I saw them... Chief video in hand, KK with my phone taking pictures, Cannon waving me down and CE clapping for her momma! It was precious; I smiled so big and it brought tears to my eyes! Ever since I have been married to Chief ( well actually since I met him) we have always cheered him on ( literally) playing college ball, semi pro and now as a coach... This time he was literally yelling for me and waving me down!!! He kept telling me all day after the race how proud he was and how he couldn't wait to cheer me on again! I am so thankful for him each day and feel so blessed to have him.

Sorry about that mushy stuff....ewwwww!!!




Of course we were supporting the Tide too... 2 weeks until kick off!!!

I am secretly ( well, not anymore) training for a half marathon in December and hoping to also run another 1/2 in March here in Little Rock! I start the hard core training mid September so please keep me in your prayers!

Next up.... CE turned 1!!!!
God Bless!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and this post just made me cry! Way to go mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Girl!!!! That's awesome! Running is addicting :)

    ReplyDelete