Sunday, June 28, 2009

Destin 2009

Our Destin vacation was wonderful this year, it was a well needed trip and we enjoyed very much.We were able to spend some much needed time with Momma Kathy (EJ's mom) and I loved it, it actually made me miss her so much and praying that we would live near to her again. She lives in south Alabama in the town she grew up in, Linden, and she loves it there!!! We stayed at Sandpiper Cove and it was very nice, it had great pools and the beach was beyond amazing. We usually go to Gulf Shores every summer but from now on we will be staying in Destin! Just beautiful! Thank you Lord !!!

Caleb and Cannon Ty had a great time, we were nervous about Cannon Ty but he rolled, threw and ate sand so I think he had fun!!!! Caleb made an awesome friend while we were there; the little boy and his family had just found out that he was in remission from his cancer-I can't remember what type of cancer but his Mom said it was very rare especially in children. It was an amazing way to praise God while on vacation. We will continue to pray for Ryan and his family throughout the year.

During our trip we had amazing seafood, Elliot and I ate it at every meal if it was possible. Momma Kathy and Norman boiled Alabama gulf shrimp and made Gumbo twice just amazing. Elliot and I ate on AJ's Oyster House-GREAT-we had oysters, crab claws and crab legs Whoooo Hoooo!! Loved it!

We took lots of pictures so I only posted a few tonight-more to come soon! I promise! Also, I will post later about this awful week I had. Enjoy the pictures!!!!
And, we are still finding sand brought back all the way from Destin, Fl to Bryant, AR!!


My favorite pic of Cannon Ty and I
One of our family pics

Elliot, Ross (EJ's brother) and Caleb trying to skim board


Our chairs

The sun setting


Cannon Ty naping on the beach-same spot everyday!!!


Caleb holding Moe the gator at Fudpuckers


My big man Cannon Ty-1st day at the beach


He was yelling at the boys


Caleb was hanging his head out of the window of the car and waving at people with his mask on. We were very close to Destin, so I think he was getting a little excitied!!!









6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great trip. We also just go back from Destin...I love it there. Next time you should take a drive to Seaside....we go there every year while in Destin. I believe Destin has the best beach anywhere on the gulf. We also went to Fudpuckers..it's a have to every year also. We had pics made with the birds this year...my oldest was afraid of them so I know he would not get his pic made with the alligator..You have a brave son :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful! I've never been to Destin, FL, but I've put it on my list of places to go.

    I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! I am so glad you found my blog and like reading it!! Sometimes I wonder if anything I write makes sense to anyone but me, HA HA!! I love AK, my mom, sister and I like to travel to Eureka Springs. (my sisters friend owns a hotel there) I love getting to meet other coaches wives!! We do live a very crazy life and it is nice to know their is someone out there who knows exactly what you are going through!! Where does your husband coach? Do you work? Thank you for the advice!! I have applied to several jobs within the district but have not heard anything back yet. :( But I am stilling holding out hope!! I am hoping once J.R. starts back to work (next week!!) maybe the word about me needing a job will spread alittle quicker and I will get a bit. Have you check out this website: http://coachswife.ning.com
    It is for coaches wives. I have a profile on there; Channa Norman. And it is a great network.
    It was really nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you better!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlie, thanks for your sweet comment!! HA HA, I am glad to know I am not the only one out there with some kind of "weapon" to sleep with. I hear you about working for the school district that is also one of my concerns, as well as wanting to have some type of life outside of the school and sports. I have worked really hard to keep my identity and not become just the coach's wife. And I am very much like you, I am not quite!! LOL I was even told one time by the father of one of J.R. players that I verbally accosted him. HA HA, I mean seriously, all I told him was that he needed to let the coaches do their job, they went to college to pursue this career and they probably knew alittle more then he did about what they were doing. J.R. was upset that the man even said anything to me but told me I need to watch what I said. WHATEVER! The funny thing was, the same man called J.R. when he found out we were leaving and ask what the parents could do to make us stay, um...I said Nothing, remember I accost people. (petty, I know :) Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers, you are awesome! It truly means the world to me that people who have never met me, care enough to pray and be concerned for everything that is going on in our life. It is awesome! Feel free to email me whenever: channa_norman@yahoo.com and we can catch up and stay in touch that way also!! You are awesome!!! If you ever head to Texas let me know, we will defiantly have to meet up for drinks and share stories of our crazy lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jac,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Sandpiper Cove to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete