Saturday, August 15, 2009

Football...its OFFICAL!!!

Today, we officially started football season at 7:00 am this morning. We had our family picture for the program first and then the boys and I headed to Chick-fil-A while they finished up individuals and team pictures. At about 9:00 am they were finally able to start. I just wanted to say how awesome this morning was... the smell of wet grass and the beautiful sound of helmets slamming into each other. It was wonderful music to my ears. Okay, I am sure you are thinking oh, she is one weird chick... I am its okay! I just love it!

I wasn't able to take many pictures because Cannon Ty did not get his morning nap (it usually is during the same time all the fun took place) he instead was running everywhere like a mad man. He was so funny though... he kept throwing his arms up above his head for "TOUCHDOWN," every time someone caught the ball and when someone would really lite someone up he would go, "OOOHHHHHH!" Just priceless-we have taught him right as a 16 month old!

I was able to catch my sweet thang of a hubby doin his thang!!! Also, pay attention to Caleb lookin like a coach out there on the scrimmage field-it is habit for him I think. The boys looked okay today- Coach Jacobs said they look horrible and they really need some work????? whho knows...

Lastly, our neighbors house! Caleb and I saw this when leaving early to head to the football stadium and I had to get out and take a picture! Bless their hearts! Elliot said I sure hope they weren't meaning to get us and got the wrong house...it was just too funny and the pic does not do the job justice! It was yarn!!

















3 comments:

  1. I love that you have taught your 16 mo. old so well. My husband laughed when I told him about it and told me that I better take notes from you on how to properly raise a boy!! :) You are not crazy, I bawled like a baby yesterday b/c I had to be at home in bed instead of at our guys first scrimmage. (I works nights and unfortunately worked Friday and Saturday nights this week.) So I am making up for it by going to practice tonight and can't wait. Where does your husband coach at? My husband coaches the offensive line at West Texas A&M in Canyon. It's a division II school. I love football so marrying a coach has been somewhat of a fantasy life for me...minus him being gone so much! And the last picture makes me laugh. Our players haven't toilet papered our house yet, but they did leave a sled on our front porch last year before a big game. Gotta love college boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were doing the exact same thing at the exact same time. How funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say hello. I found your blog through Channa's blog. My name is Shanan and I am a football coaches wife too! My husband is the Defensive Coordinator at Tarleton State. I think it is always fun to meet other football coaches wives because we can all understand what we go through this time of year....excitement and schedule craziness! Hope you all have a great season! I will be checking back in!
    Sincerely,
    Shanan

    ReplyDelete