Monday, May 23, 2011

Bad Dreaming

I feel like this weekend was a totally bad dream and I would like to ask for a do over! Ha! Really? Yes, totally completely serious!

Chief's State Championship game was rain delayed twice causing complete chaos with the wedding he was supposed to be in. Let's just say this momma got her refund from the tux rental! And nor did we even make it to the reception due to practice and late meetings.

Saturday after lunch KK's class had a swimming party and they also invited Cannon Ty (I think they knew he would provide entertainment) to swim. Here is Cannon Ty before we were out of the drive way leaving the party!



We got lost going home-don't even ask and ended up back in Bryant an hour later! Yes, it should have taken like 10 minutes go get home! Lovely! That night the game was delayed again until Sunday but they practiced until LATE causing us to miss all wedding festivities-which in return I got my $160 refund! YES! Whoo hooo!

Sunday after church we all looked like wet rats from the down pour that attacked Bryant just as church let out! So, I had to take a shower and re fix my hair before we left for
Conway- this has major meaning just letting you know- and of course Chief and the team were together as of early a.m. I start to dry my hair while entertaining little Miss and I start to smell something sweet but burning. I ask KK if he is fixing a snack, no,
and could not figure out where the smell was coming from. At that moment my diffuser falls off my hair dryer and I pick it up to put it back on and see this...


The lovely sweet smell was fruit snacks being melted into my hair dryer. Thank you Cannon Ty! He said my hair dyer was hungry!

Lastly, I know this will sound horrible I am sure but... I hate to lose! Chief really hates to lose and so does KK. Last night we lost big in the championship game and I am still ill about it. Our boys just had to many errors early on and could not swing their bats like they needed to. I have never in Cheif's coaching career and playing days at college seen student athletes who work harder than these boys. They have 6 day a week mornings @5:45 and then after school everyday until after 6:30. Needless to say it broke my heart to see these boys so broken last night. As soon as I got into the car I broke down sobbing not for myself or Chiefs career, but for the work and heart the boys and coaches have put into this season. I love them all as if they were my boys. The last thing I will say is watch out Conway next year it will not be pleasant! We Believe!

Here are a few pictures from before the game eating and Cannon Ty at the game...





- Posted using BlogPress fromThis my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Oh.my.word!!! The hairdryer thing is TOO funny. I laughed out loud and showed Drew.

    And I'm so sorry the boys lost and that y'all had to miss the wedding. I know y'all are good friends and I'm sure you hated to miss. You're a great wife and mom Torri Jo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, you just have to love Cannon. I want to just pinch him he is so cute, ha!
    I am so sorry the guys lost! I know how heartbreaking that is. :( Tell EJ we're proud of him!
    Call me Friday!

    ReplyDelete