Monday, January 23, 2012

full love...full house

oh my, another week has passed (flown) by and yet i am some how amazed at this??

i have the best intentions of going through my checklist and updating my weekly goals...i am writing them down on paper and taping it in my car, on my desk and in the kitchen. ha the top 3 places i spend my days.

this past week... the jacobs kiddos got an amazing gift they have been wanting for a long time
introducing..... ali-bama!!!

she is a black lab and she has been a wonderful dog so far... after a week and a half. camdyn was very reprehensible at first and did not want a thing to do with ali-bama but she has really turned a corner (thank the lord) and is in love with this dog.  she likes to boss her around and pretend to spank her...love.

oh, and don't you just love her name???? as soon as the kids saw her (we surprised them and did not tell them elliot's dad and step mom were bringing her to bryant for us) they said we (kk and cannon) want to name her bama. after about five minutes it changed to ali-bama-it is precious and oh so fitting for our love of bama football and the university. cannon's fav-or-ite thing to say to her is... roll ali-bama roll. hahaha. love it.

last week report cards came home and you are looking at


mr honor roll himself. kk has worked so hard this semester and oh my 4th grade is hard. i have had to google so many things this year, for two educators in this house we have been dumb founded. haha.he was very proud of all his work all a's and only one b. poor kk can't even get a picture by himself.


kk and his buddies... drake, camille, and kk.great job to everyone and they are all such great kiddos. we love y'all!

kk also had a tot performance this week on friday night... it is kinda like the harlem globetrotters but 4-5th grade version. the p.e. teachers at the school select the students to be on the team and then they perform at different events in the area, little rock and hot springs.
here is a short video from friday night...






my parents came into town on friday for the performance and brought me their treadmill to use until my training is over. chief goes into work every a.m. at 5 so, 3:30 am runs were killing me and honestly i was terrified too. it is so dark even with a light at that time and once the teacher went missing in montana in that super quite safe town... that was it for this lady. call me a scaredy cat or what have you but this momma fo' sho' ain't doin it.  i plan on training on the treadmill through the week and then outside long runs on saturday/sunday morning-once it is light outside.ha.

this weekend i completed a 10 mile run. thank.you.precious.sweet.lord. i train by myself so it is just me and the lord on these long runs, and boy do i talk to him the entire time. this run was big for me because i have NOT trained for this like i should have. i have really good weeks and then weeks that i am so mentally drained that i can't not even tie my running shoes to get onto the road. my work is so rewarding but also it has taken a toll the past few weeks. do not worry i know way God has placed me in this journey and it brings joy to my heart. i am praying that the lord will guide me through this journey and to complete this process as a healthy and happy momma.  so on weeks i have slacked i have really tried to make up miles and double up. at this point in the training my goal is to just get across the finish line and hug my precious babies and my sweet thang. 

on sunday we walked with thousands and thousand of believers at the march for life to the capitol. it was an amazing experience for not only chief and i but for our kiddos too. it was very moving and you could feel the Lord moving everyone is so many ways. truly wonderful.i did not take any pictures because the weather was raining and cold i can not wait for next year.

in the word this week this verse just shook me...

not that i speak from want, for i have learned to be content in whatever circumstances i am. i know how to get along with humble means, and i also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance i have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.
phil 4:11-12

1 comment:

  1. Awe, y'all will love having a black lab! We can't imagine our life without ours! Ali-B needs to come visit Ava, along with her family!

    ReplyDelete