Saturday, January 7, 2012

Starting Things Off in 2012

I am very excited about God's plans for us in 2012, it is all him leading the way and I am ready.

Chief and I started 2012 off with a first, we went out yay!!! ( not really - to dinner, but I call that out. It was a send off dinner for our precious friends The Hursts- they are moving.)We enjoyed dinner at Ya Ya's and we were home by 9:00!!!




We also added a family member... Annie.



KK took this wonderful picture of me and Annie...lovely! Annie is a sweet ole guinea pig that we happily adopted from another family. My intentions were to keep her over break then take her to the preschool...well, I love her, I really do. Before I picked up Annie from a friend I had never held any type of creature except like a dog or cat... Total first. I love her. So, now she resides at our home and I will take her to preschool to visit, yes visit only because the beautiful bug eyed girl is ALL mine. A quick funny... I took her to visit my school kiddos on Wednesday our first day back at school ( side note ALL of the kiddos at school know that Mrs. Torri does not touch animals/creatures except for dogs/cats) and while in one of our Pre-K rooms she poops all over my jeans and then onto the rug. Oh sweet babies they died in laughter and were gasping for air, it was a precious moment that I will never forget for 2 reasons. First, I have never been pooped on by a creature and second because, of the sound of that laughter. Priceless.

Oh, I love my hubby!!!! No seriously, I am cheesy head over heels for that man.
But, he listens and listens well...



I mentioned these precious babies months, I mean months ago, sold out most places and very difficult to find. Chief gifted me with these for Christmas and I was surprised and a very happy Roll Tidin' girl! They now have a safe home in my closet and i have worn them very carefully to special places. The boys call them my Bama Shoes and I just love them!! I will def be sporting my loves on Monday while the Tide Rolls and then to school on Tuesday to show who is #1!!!

I am continuing to train for the Little Rock marathon on top of everything else going on, it has been very difficult and prayer is definitely getting me through it. I am training before Chief goes to baseball practice so my 4 am wake up call on top of 3 kids to care for, basketball season and my new position as DIRECTOR of preschool ministry is a little overwhelming at the moment. Yes, I said it and I hope you caught it. I was offered the director position before Christmas by the church school board and I happily accepted, it was official on January 1st. I love it and it actually doesn't feel like a job, I still only work part-time ( 3 days/ 8-2:45) and I love the ladies who serve with me. It has been a huge blessing and it has been amazing to see God's plan over the past year.

As I go through this very busy time with life as we all are right now please pray for one another, even though we may not know what is exactly going on in each others lives, we all need prayer daily to survive this world we live in.


1 comment: