Monday, January 2, 2012

In Him, we have this Season!!

We have been on Christmas break for almost two weeks now and I am ready to get back to OUR routine.
I am so very thankful that Elliot and I are both off for the entire Christmas break and that we are able to enjoy this precious season of life with our children and our families.

This has been such a fun time with our kids and I can honestly say it has been the most stress free Christmas season that I can remember.  I know why it has been stress free and the peace has been so amazing and free.  I hate and I am embarrassed to say it but I have been in the word of the Bible and have devoted more quite time with my Lord and Savior in the past 6-10 months than ever in my life.  I am very proud but also embarrassed and continue to ask forgiveness for something that I have not made a necessity in my life.  It has been a priority in my daily life and I am oh so thankful for his grace and love.

What did the Jacob's do during Christmas break.... Break it Down!

We have acquired a new family member... Annie, a geniea pig. ( A picture to come tomorrow... but she looks like Buggsie from the movie "Bedtime Stories.") We love our Annie girl!!

The big boys (Chief and KK) got out of school on Wednesday and the bay bay's and I finished up on Tuesday (lovely)... on Thursday KK, Cannon and I went to my sweet friend Cindy's house to decorate Christmas cookies.  She was such an amazing hostess, the coffee was waiting on me and she had some awesome goodies to snack on. 


We ended up bringing home two large boxes of Christmas cookies that were ready for Santa and momma!! haha!!!

We were home on Christmas Eve and it was beyond relaxing and very laid back, we watched Christmas movies, went out to eat for dinner, drove around looking at lights and then headed to Church for 11 pm candle light service. The service was beautiful and I am still so thankful that Cannon did not catch the place on fire... he did almost burn KK's hair off his head though.

I really slacked on taking pictures of the kids opening gifts because,oh my, it was WILD to say the least. Three kiddos opening gifts, well Camdyn liked the candy in the stockings better than presents and needless to say she was on a sugar high before opening the first gift. 
(I promise I have more... I can't find them)

KK was very surprised by his gift and he was the sweetest thing all day thanking us. (he got a laptop)
Cannon Ty was beyond pumped about his Hungry Hippos and "big ole" race tracks.
Camdyn is still cooking up a storm in her new kitchen and then vacuuming up her mess with her new pink "voom".



I was a big dork and didn't take a picture of the kids in front of the tree on Christmas so I took this before taking down the tree the other day...boo.. bad momma I know it!

We even took the kiddos ice skating one day last week... it was DANGEROUS!! ha! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life.  A Jersey Shore look alike Dad was there skating with his bad self and he almost made me have a potty accident. We all couldn't stop laughing!
Cannon loved and I mean loved skating he is so different from KK. When KK went skating for the first time he was so frustrated because he couldn't do it perfectly the first time. Well, Cannon just loves it, falls and all. He also could skate so fast it was too funny!



We have soooo enjoyed the past two weeks of staying in our pj's all day, eating junk food and playing all day. I hate for this time to end but we all need our schedule back and Chief is going stir crazy.  I will always remember our Christmas 2011 as a peaceful, fun and loving time.  The magic of this season always warms my heart and brings a smile to my face. In Him!



No comments:

Post a Comment