Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Silver Dollar City Baby!!!!


This week is a super busy week at the Jacobs' house.....
  • First, I have to complain about the post service... yes the government ran United States Postal Service..... I sent a precious little Texan-Charly her football shirt and bow this weekend. When I arrived home on Tuesday I found a box on my front steps, in this box contained the package I mailed to Channa (Life as a Coach's Wife-fav blog) for Charly. The post office some how who knows basically shredded the package-they tore off a bow from the shoulder and shredded her hair bow. I was so upset-I called Channa told her what happened she was super sweet-fixed it last night and remailed it today after work. Please say a prayer for the package today!
  • Tomorrow night is our first JV game of the season! Go HORNETS!!!! So, what does that mean for me? Well, since I am sure you are dying to know.... school night on tests on Friday for Caleb. We will be studying spelling words and reading at the stadium. Yes, I am embarrassing to my child! Thanks! Also, I have 5 bows to finish by 5:00 tomorrow-delivered by kick off for 8th grade dance team! Our game is at 7:30
  • SALT BOWL-its kinda a big deal around here! Friday night we are headed to the big game at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock-such a great opportunity for the boys to play where the Razorbacks play. We are very excited-11 straight wins for Bryant in the Salt Bowl-lets make it 12 boys!
  • Friday night after the Salt Bowl we are headed to -(sorry about the awful header only thing I could find) BRANSON!!!! Whoooo hooooo! We are so pumped and we really need this weekend vacation and I mean we NEED it! We are headed there until early morning Monday-we have to head back for football meetings and practice. We are so thankful they are getting the weekend off.
  • Saturday we are headed to where other than: SILVER DOLLAR CITY!!!! Caleb and I are so ready to ride some roller coasters. We are staying a new resort where if you bought one day you got the 2nd free at Silver Dollar City plus the resort/hotel has an indoor water park-can't wait. I know some of you are thinking she is a little too excited about Branson but I love the beach we go every year and last year we started going to Branson in the fall and it was my first time last year and we loved it! There is a LOT of retirees but its great!!! We love the food too! I already know what I am eating at Silver Dollar City~ its planned out!

I am sleeping in on Sunday till at least 8:30 am and I want to lay in bed for a bit and just watch TV. We also want to rest on this trip before our week starts back over.

Lastly, I really need to share two things:

1. We found out yesterday that our babysitter may be moving, we will know on Saturday. I am very sad about this because I love her so much and trust her with everything. This move would be great for their family and I completely understand because we tend to move every few years for Elliot to better himself with his job. Please pray that if they do move we are able to find someone again as great as Carla.

2. Today, I found out that an amazing friend of mine (who is a mother and wife) has cancer and things are not looking good at all. They have small children and I can't stop thinking and praying for them. I have limited information but it has moved fast over her body and we are just praying for the days she will have with her children and husband. I love yall!

I hope everyone has a great football weekend and I hope things go yall's way (WIN)!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are just the sweetest! I told JR what happen to the package and he said how bad he felt for you and all your hard work! Good Luck at the JV game and Friday night!!! Go Hornets! Call my cell phone and let me know how y'all do! I will be up!
    I am so sorry to hear about your friend! That is so sad!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!
    Have so much fun this weekend! I am soooo jealous! Y'all are going to have such a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have so much fun in branson!!

    ReplyDelete